Home
Cricket
T20 World Cup: Why does Rohit Sharma wear Jersey No 45? India’s vice-captain reveals reason – Check out

T20 World Cup: Why does Rohit Sharma wear Jersey No 45? India’s vice-captain reveals reason – Check out

T20 World Cup: Rohit Sharma jersey No – For fans, the players’ jerseys are of immense importance and they associate the number with greatness. For example, Cristiano Ronaldo’s No 7, Lionel Messi’s No 10 or Sachin Tendulkar’s No 10, they are precious few numbers. They have built a brand around their jersey numbers. For India’s […]

T20 World Cup: Rohit Sharma jersey No – For fans, the players’ jerseys are of immense importance and they associate the number with greatness. For example, Cristiano Ronaldo’s No 7, Lionel Messi’s No 10 or Sachin Tendulkar’s No 10, they are precious few numbers. They have built a brand around their jersey numbers. For India’s next T20I captain, Rohit Sharma, the no 45 also has a deep meaning. In a video posted by ICC, Rohit revealed the real reason why he wears 45. India will play Scotland in a must-win match on Friday. Follow IND vs SCO Live on InsideSport. 

For many cricketers, the number is associated with numerology. But Rohit Sharma wears No 45 because his mother picked the number as she thought it would be a lucky number for his son. 14 years of cricket later, Rohit Sharma is regarded as one of the best cricketers in limited-overs with over 15,000 international runs.

T20 World Cup, IND vs SCO: Why does Rohit Sharma wear Jersey No 45? India’s vice-captain reveals reason – Check out

Also Read: IND vs SCO LIVE: Virat Kohli & Co eye massive win to stay in fray for semifinals, unlikely to change playing XI: Follow LIVE updates

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by ICC T20 World Cup (@t20worldcup)

T20 World Cup: “Why I am 45? It’s just my mother likes the number. A lot of numbers were taken so I asked my mother, what number I should take? So, she said 45 will be a good number for you,” Rohit Sharma said in the video posted by ICC.

T20 World Cup, IND vs SCO: Why does Rohit Sharma wear Jersey No 45? India’s vice-captain reveals reason – Check out

Also Read: IND vs SCO LIVE: Varun Chakravarthy undergoes fitness test in optional practice, other India stars give it a miss: Follow IND vs SCO Live Updates

Rohit Sharma made his debut in 2007 has always used jersey No 45. While initially he struggled to become a regular member of India’s squad and was not selected for the 2011 World Cup-winning squad, he made cemented his place in 2013 and since then he has only grown. On Friday another half-century against Scotland will see him become only the third batsman to score 3,000 T20I runs after Virat Kohli and Martin Guptill.

T20 World Cup: In ODIs, the 45 number has already become an iconic one associated with three double centuries in the format. He is the only batsman to have scored three double hundreds. He is also the owner of highest individual score in ODIs with 264 against Sri Lanka in 2014. As for Test cricket, although becoming a late entrant, he has become a regular opener and he left his mark in India’s England series.

Follow

Editor's Pick

Upset or not, how WTC points table will look like after IND vs BAN Test series

Top Stories

Share article
Follow us on social media
Google News Whatsapp channel
Tell us why didn’t you like our article so that we can improve on?