Home
Cricket
Yashasvi Jaiswal Falters in T20I debut, departs after scoring 1 run in IND vs WI 3rd T20I

Yashasvi Jaiswal Falters in T20I debut, departs after scoring 1 run in IND vs WI 3rd T20I

India have handed Yashasvi Jaiswal his T20I debut as Men in Blue look to save series in IND vs WI 3rd T20I

The time has come for Yashasvi Jaiswal to get his debut in the shortest format of the game. The prolific youngster will feature for the Men in Blue in the crucial IND vs WI 3rd T20I. He has replaced Ishan Kishan in the Playing XI. But it was certainly not the debut that the youngster will remember after he got dismissed for scoring just 1 run.

With the series on the line, Hardik Pandya and Rahul Dravid decided to bring in a change in the batting lineup. Jaiswal who has been excellent after making his Test debut in the same series, is keen to showcase his mark in the quickest format of the game.

Set to chase 160, Yashasvi opened proceedings with Shubman Gill. Jaiswal opened his account on the first ball after taking a single run. But he was dismissed 2 balls later after the youngster went to go for the maximum but ended up giving a catch to Alzarri Joseph.

The writing was on the wall for quite some time. But after India went 2-0 down in the series, Hardik Pandya and Co were in for a change at the opening slot. Yashasvi Jaiswal who was eyeing for his debut in T20I finally gets his chance in the sun.

Ishan Kishan who was far from his best form has been sent to the bench and in his place comes the 21-year-old Rajasthan Royals opener.

Shardul Thakur or Jaydev Unadkat? Headache in choosing pacer’s slot for World Cup 2023

Insidesport

Yashasvi Jaiswal impressed everyone with his stunning performances in IPL 2023 which fast-tracked his spot in the Indian Cricket Team. But it was his Test debut that shocked the world.

Jaiswal opened against West Indies in the first Test where he smalled 171 runs. In the second Test match, he also got runs under his belt having slammed 57 in first innings and a decent 38 run knock in the second innings.

‘Exciting part about Tilak Varma is..’ Ashwin calls for wildcard World Cup pick

India Playing XI: Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Suryakumar Yadav, Tilak Varma, Hardik Pandya(c), Sanju Samson(w), Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Yuzvendra Chahal, Mukesh Kumar

Follow InsideSport on GOOGLE NEWS / Follow IND vs WI Live Updates with InsideSport.IN.

Follow

Editor's Pick

BCCI likely to advance IPL 2025 Auction date from December to November end

Top Stories

Share article
Follow us on social media
Google News Whatsapp channel
Tell us why didn’t you like our article so that we can improve on?